Sansom Hamilton & Co Privacy Notice
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What this privacy notice covers
Sansom Hamilton & Co is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to 'we', 'us' or 'our' mean Sansom Hamilton. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Information we gather
We collect your information in the form of your name and contact details and store it in your file.
Your information is collected from
- i) contact via phone
- ii) information in person
- iii) email, post and mail correspondence with Sansom Hamilton
We will use your information to:
- i) communicate with you
- ii) maintain the accuracy of your information
What is the legal basis of processing your data?
The legal basis of processing your data is 'consent' as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations where processing is necessary for one or more specific purposes.
Who will have access to your information?
We take reasonable organisational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorised access, modification or misuse.
How long will we keep your information?
Your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing as listed above. Once our services are no longer required, your information will be held for a period of 7 years which is a legal requirement.
How to keep us updated with any changes to your information
Please remember to keep us updated on the personal data we hold on you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. All requests to update your personal data must be sent in writing to Sansom Hamilton.
You have the right to:
- i) Keep us updated and have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- ii) Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to verify your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please submit your request in writing to the contact details shown at the end of this notice. We will respond as soon as possible from the receipt of your written request. This request is free of charge.
- iii) Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us using the details set out at the end of this notice.
- iv) Request that we delete your personal data, so it is erased from our records.
Enquiries and Complaints
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this privacy notice. Where possible, please raise all enquiries in writing.
If you are unhappy with how we process your personal information, please inform us in writing. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
All complaints should be sent to:
Sansom Hamilton & Co
The Estate Office
Barns Heath Farm
Tel: 01530 272791
Review of Sansom Hamilton Privacy Notice
This notice was reviewed in April 2018. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the address you have provided to us.